The Sony Centre for the Performing Arts (Sony Centre) is committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal information of current and potential patrons, donors, current and potential grantees, employees, volunteers and other individuals. Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to our relationship with you.
This statement informs you of our policy on privacy, and about the ways we ensure your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is protected.
- Collecting and Using Information
- Releasing Information
- Protecting Information
- Providing Information Access and Accuracy
- Logging Practices
- Cookie Practices
- Respecting and Responding to your Privacy Concerns
1. Collecting and Using Information
Personal information collected may include:
- home and business address, telephone numbers, e-mail address
- age and birth date
- purchasing history
- artistic preferences and other personal interests
- methods and preferences of communications
The majority of this information is collected when tickets are purchased by phone, on-line or at the Box Office.
Your information may be used for the following:
- billing purposes
- to mail tickets
- to understand the needs and desires of patrons
- to inform patrons about schedule changes, event cancellations, upcoming events and special offers
- donor recruitment
The Sony Centre does not sell, trade, or rent any personal information. Information about your personal preferences is used to help us understand the programming and services that may be attractive to our patrons. From time to time the Sony Centre may send you information from other Arts organizations that we believe may be of interest to you.
In summary, your information is collected in order for us to provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from the Sony Centre.
2. Releasing Information
Only authorized personnel have access to this information.
Your information is only shared:
- when we have your consent
- with our suppliers or agents who assist us in serving you
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law
A privacy protection clause is included in all contracts with any third parties to ensure they provide the same level of protection that is consistent with the Sony Centre's policy.
3. Protecting Information
We will protect your personal information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. We will retain your personal information only for the time it is required for the permitted purposes.
As stated, all of the persons to whom we may provide personal information (for example our Mailing House), as part of their contracts with the Sony Centre, are bound to maintain your confidentiality and may not use the personal information for any unauthorized purpose.
Only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers. The length of time we retain personal information varies depending on the purpose for which it was collected and used. When your personal information is no longer needed, we have procedures to either destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
4. Providing Information Accuracy
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date.
5. Logging Practices
The Sony Centre logs HTTP requests to the Sony Centre's web server. These logs record the IP address of site visitors. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) requesting an URL.
6. Cookie Practices
- Single-session cookies, which log users over a single session and do not maintain data over multiple sessions or visits,
- Multi-session cookies for use in web analytics, which log users over multiple sessions purely to gather data to analyze web traffic statistics, and
- Multi-session cookies for use as persistent identifiers (persistent cookies), which log users activities over multiple visits with the intent of remembering data, settings, or preferences unique to that visitor
The Sony Centre’s website uses persistent cookies to improve users’ experience by remembering settings related to functionality. Other multi-session and single-session cookies are used in combination with the website’s analytics software for website improvements.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. All web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
By declining cookies, use of interactive features or online services that depend on cookies will not function as intended. If you choose to accept cookies, all browsers offer the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be automatically recreated upon a return visit.
7. Respecting and Responding to Your Privacy Concerns
We will investigate and respond to your concerns about any aspect of our handling of your information.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, would like to request access to personal information our company has about you, or if you believe that any personal information we have about you is inaccurate or out of date please contact our Privacy Officer. You may also request that your personal information, if any, be removed from our mailing list at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to change this policy statement at any time by posting a new privacy statement at this location. Please be sure to visit this site often to see if anything has changed. Any changes to this privacy statement will be in compliance with applicable privacy laws.